IDOI address, phone numbers, website, mission, copies of filings, and complaint contact.
Indiana Department of Insurance
311 West Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2287
Phone: (317) 232-2385
Fax: (317) 232-5251
Stephen W. Robertson, Commissioner of Insurance
State Website: www.state.in.us
DOI Website: www.state.in.us/idoi
DOI Divisions & Staff web page: www.in.gov/idoi/divisions_staff/listings.html
The mission of the Indiana Department of Insurance is:
- to protect Indiana’s insurance consumers by monitoring and regulating the financial and market conduct activities of insurance companies and agents;and
- to oversee the administration of the dedicated funds entrusted to the Department by the Indiana General Assembly.
Company Services Division
Workers compensation insurance and the ICRB are regulated by the Company Services Division, a part of the Consumer Protection Unit.
The Company Services Division is responsible for:
- Reviewing insurance policies, applications, and other forms filed by Indiana insurers for compliance with applicable Indiana insurance laws;
- Assisting consulting actuaries in the review of insurance policy premium rates filed by Indiana insurers;
- Maintaining records of policy forms approved for use in Indiana;
- Providing insurance information to companies, agents, public officials, and other Department of Insurance divisions.
Copies of Filings
Through an arrangement between Perr & Knight and the Indiana Department of Insurance, all policy forms, rates and rules filed with the Department of Insurance after January 1, 2006 are being scanned and made available to the public online. For a fee, anyone may view and download this information at www.perrknight.com or at www.ratefilings.com.